The final installment of The Remnant Chronicles is almost here! To celebrate the final book,
The Beauty of Darkness, I wanted to have a fun, creative giveaway. Do you like to draw or doodle? Show me your creative brain! It is all about Lia's kavah . . .
"The others waited in silence for my response. I resisted drawing in a breath. I wouldn't give my mother that satisfaction, but I couldn't deny that my wedding kavah was exquisite. The ugly crest of the Kingdom of Dalbreck had been made startlingly beautiful, the snarling lion tamed on my back, the intricate designs gracefully hemming in his claws."
--Page 7 The Kiss of Deception
<------One of my doodled interpretations
The Remnant Chronicles are stories, and stories are made up of words that create images, so whatever image you imagined, IS what her kavah looks like. I don't own the words, I just put them down. (This applies to book covers too! They are not the final say on what a character looks like.) So, back to the kavah. Here's what The Kiss of Deception tells us about it:
- There was a lion claw.
- There was a vine.
- It was made with a henna dye
- Lia thought it was beautiful
- That's it.
So I doodled around and this was one possible way I thought the kavah might look--a little snip of grapevines and a lion claw. Lia's kavah was supposed to be temporary, lasting only a few weeks, but in Lia's case something went wrong (or maybe right?) and some of it became permanent. On my Pinterest page I have a bulletin board of henna body art and designs where you can see how elaborate they can be. Maybe these pictures will help spark some of your creative energy.
Now for the giveaway part!
What do you have to do to enter? This:
1) Draw a kavah! It's easy! There's a "blank" kavah below that you can add your own designs to (a fine point Sharpie works great. Just print the blank out on a piece of paper and have at it!) OR you can start from scratch. Interpret Lia's kavah for yourself. From badass to sweet, I'd love to see what you come up with!
2) Post a picture of your kavah creation on Twitter, Instagram, or Tumblr
3) INCLUDE this hashtag in your tweet or post: #RemnantChronicles (This is a must!)
4) Follow instructions on Rafflecopter entry below. Leave a comment. (edited to add: You don't have to wait to do this step last--you can do it now.)
The giveaway ends at midnight on 7/20/16
That's it! And yes, it is open internationally!
THREE random winners will get:
1) A signed and personalized hardcover of The Beauty of Darkness
2) A Beauty of Darkness heart-shaped fan! (for my amazing fans)
3) A Remnant Chronicles Charm. Hang it from your purse, backpack, zipper, belt loop--your pony tail! Whatever suits you! Inside the little antique brass book it says, "In the farthest corner, I will find you."
4) Signed bookmarks from all three books.
5) A mini poster of the gorgeous map! (and the reverse side is the cover of The Beauty of Darkness)
Have fun with this! Doodle your heart out! It is quite relaxing.
Or ditch the blank and create something entirely new!
I can't wait to see what you come up with! Neither can Lia!